Assistant Press Operator
Innovative concepts, ultra-modern technologies and traditional values such as reliability and stability have made SÜDPACK a leading provider of film packaging across Europe and the US. For us, this is both an incentive and an obligation: we want to be the best, and not compromise the quality of our products and services.
Our Oak Creek Wisconsin operation is growing and seeking individuals who are dedicated to continuous improvement and life-long learning.
Nature of Duties/Responsibilities
Assist Press Operator in set up and operation of flexographic printing press
Prepare for the next job on the schedule while the press is running; ensure materials are at the press including mounting with correct printing plates, inks, adhesive and solvent blends, raw materials, make-ready roll and setting up ink pumps
Assist in mounting the plate cylinders in the press
Cleaning of machine and parts
Assist in set up of the laminator; hook up the make-ready stock and help start the press
Monitoring adhesive viscosity
Assist in troubleshooting and solving printing problems
Assist in completing paperwork/production reports accurately and timely.
Performs Press Operator duties regularly for training to progress to an Operator position
Education and Experience
- High School education or equivalent
- Knowledge of printing processes and previous experience as a Flexographic Press Operator
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Good analytical, problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Strong team player with proven ability to work effectively with others at all levels
- Good mechanical ability
- Quick learning aptitude
- Strong math skills (measurements, percentages, figure footage, etc.)
- Visual color comprehension
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly
We offer a full-benefits package including
- 401(k) plan with Company-match;
- Medical plan;
- Dental plan;
- Vision plan and
- Life and Disability Insurance coverages.